THE INSTAGRAM SERIES
In 2016– after traveling around the world as an aspiring “digital nomad” for six months with nothing more than a 25L backpack, a MacBook Pro, and an iPhone– I started painting a series of canvases based on my photos (with the idea of building a large-scale, real-life “Instagram wall” that wouldn’t simply disappear into the internet abyss), and writing a book-length, travelogue-memoir about my adventures. Spoiler Alert: I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
The Cube is a concept for displaying the Instagram Series– with an added twist. As a free-standing gallery, each wall of the Cube showcases a carefully-curated collection of vibrant images, much like the Instagram feed on which they are based. But what about the stories behind the paintings? The Cube invites the viewer on a multimedia journey “beyond the surface,” into the inner world of the artist, otherwise hidden from view. (Concept currently in the works; more to follow.)
YOGA + WELLNESS WORKSHOPS
I am currently hard at work building content for this section. In the meantime, please feel free to visit www.yogaotzma.com or contact me at email@example.com with any questions. Thanks for your patience!
EDUCATION & RECENT TRAININGS
- Africa Yoga Project, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training (Nairobi, Kenya, 2019)
- Breath Medicine/ Five Element Dance and Cacao Ceremony Facilitator Training (Koh Phangan, Thailand, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- The Light Within Yoga Studio, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training (West Grove, PA, USA; 2014)
- Israel School of Herbal Medicine, Foundations in Herbalism (Moshav Aviezer, Israel; 2012)
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Liberal Arts in Individualized Study, with a specialization in the philosophy of identity formation and creative writing (Philadelphia, PA, USA; 2008)
- University of Southern California, B.A. English (Los Angeles, CA, USA; 1998)
I should probably also mention that I’m a completely self-taught artist.